WASC – Directory of Accredited Schools in Southern California
The Accrediting Commission for Schools, WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges), accredits over 5,200 public, independent, church-related, and proprietary pre-K-12 and adult schools.
- Assures a school community that the school’s purposes are appropriate and being accomplished through a viable education program — a trustworthy institution for student learning
- Validates the integrity of the school’s program and transcripts
- Facilitates transfer of credits to other English-speaking schools — critical for college/university acceptance worldwide
- Provides a process for regularly examining programs, processes, and data around school goals and student learning through data analysis, reflection, inquiry, and dialogue
- Builds a professional culture to support the schoolwide action plan
- Fosters the continuous improvement of the school’s programs and operations to support student learning
- Provides valuable insight from fellow educators visiting the school
The accreditation process includes an initial visit, self-study/full visit, and follow-up. WASC publishes an annual Directory of Schools. The directory provides information about the schools currently accredited.
WASC School Directory: