Kidsguide is dedicated to sharing the best kid-friendly activities and services with Southern California parents. We publish a bi-annual resource magazine and create engaging online content. We’re looking for a part-time Content Writer/Editor who not only has insanely awesome editorial skills but most importantly, share in our mission to make family life better!
In this role, you will:
- find out exciting new things about local kid-friendly places and revamp their listings
- discover and post cool events and happenings for kids
- encourage local businesses to submit events and info for publication
- occasionally have the opportunity to attend family activities in person
We’re looking for somebody who is:
- genuinely curious and excited about sharing helpful, engaging content with families
- familiar with local family-friendly spots and the parenting media space
- in tune with what parents really want to know
- an expert at researching and curating information
- extremely detail-oriented (a comma debate is bound to happen!)
- able to produce compelling, accurate, and clean copy
- versed in Mac OS and WordPress is a plus (but we’re happy to show you the ropes)
- a small, but mighty team
- always searching for new ideas and fresh approaches
- also passionate about rescuing furry friends
We believe in:
- family time (above all else)
- helping families create memories and experiences
- rolling up our sleeves and getting things done
- This position is approximately 15 hours a week.
- Schedule is fairly flexible! (choose your days/hours between Monday-Thursday, 9am-4pm)
- Pay starts at $18/hour.
- This is not a remote position. Our office is located in Los Alamitos, CA.
- We also have a little dog, Franny, who diligently alerts of stranger danger.
- For the right candidate, this role may develop into a full-time position to include writing articles (for print and web) or advertising sales/marketing.