Point Fermin Lighthouse
Built in 1874, the Point Fermin Lighthouse was the first navigational light into the San Pedro Bay. After Pearl Harbor in 1941, the coast was blacked out for fear of being a beacon to enemy ships and planes and the light was never to be lit again. Volunteers now serve as tour guides to keep the lighthouse open to the public.
General admission is free, however a donation is requested for each visitor. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult, and children less than 40 inches may not be admitted to the tower. Visit website for tour details.
807 W. Paseo Del Mar, San Pedro