Help Lines & Hot Lines
988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
988, call or chat
A national network of local crisis centers that provides free and confidential emotional support to people in suicidal crisis or emotional distress 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
California Youth Crisis Line
(800) 843-5200, www.calyouth.org/cycl
Call or text. 24-hour hotline providing crisis intervention counseling and resource referrals to service providers in the caller’s local community for youth (ages 12-24) and families in crisis.
Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline
(800) 422-4453, www.childhelp.org
Text or call. Prevention, intervention and treatment programs.
Children of the Night
(800) 551-1300, www.childrenofthenight.org
24-hour hotline. Intervention for children affected by sexual exploitation, prostitution or pornography. Services include shelter referrals, transportation, housing programs, and medical services.
For The Child
(562) 422-8472, www.forthechild.org
Prevention of and treatment for child abuse victims and their families. Family focused mental health services available.
The Babyline staff at Hoag Hospital answers questions for new and expectant parents.
LA County DCFS
(800) 540-4000, dcfs.lacounty.gov
Child Protection hotline available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
OC Social Services Agency
Child Abuse Reporting, 24-hour hotline: (714) 940-1000 or (800) 207-4464
Elder and Dependent Adult Abuse Reporting, 24-hour hotline: (800) 451-5155
(800) 656-HOPE (4673), www.rainn.org
Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network offers 24-hour hotline and online chats.
Safely Surrendered Baby
(877) 222-9723, www.cdss.ca.gov/inforesources/safely-surrendered-baby
Hotline for information and locations of safe surrender sites.
Stand Up for Kids Orange County
(714) 356-5437, www.standupforkids.org/orangecounty
Resources and support for homeless youth (12-24).
Lifeline for LGBTQ Youth – The Trevor Project
(866) 488-7386, Text: 678-678, www.thetrevorproject.org
Provides free and confidential information and support to LGBTQ young people 24/7, all year round.
LGBTQ National Youth Talkline
(800) 246-7743, www.lgbthotline.org
Providing confidential peer support, information, and resources for callers 25 and younger.
National Domestic Violence Hotline
(800) 799-7233, Text “Start” to 88788, www.thehotline.org
Free and confidential 24-hour hotline providing relationship abuse support, information, and resources.
National Eating Disorder Helpline
(800) 931-2237, www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
Call or text. Helpline volunteers offer support, resources, and treatment options.
National Teen Dating Abuse Hotline – Love is Respect
(866) 331-9474, www.loveisrespect.org
24-hour helpline created to help teens (ages 13-18) experiencing dating abuse.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services (SAMHSA’s) National Helpline
(800) 662-4357, www.samhsa.gov/find-help/national-helpline
A confidential and free, 24-hour hotline, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders.