- This event has passed.
Teen Science Cafe at Aquarium of the Pacific
SELECT DATES, JANUARY 19 – MAY 18, 2023
The Aquarium of the Pacific’s Teen Science Café will present a free learning series associated with the National Science Foundation (NSF) funded Antarctic Women in Science Project.
High school and middle school students are invited to learn from these scientists engaged with various aspects of science in Antarctica. Guests will participate in hands-on activities related to the various topics presented.
- 1/19/23 Chi-Hing “Christina” Cheng – Adaptations for cold in polar fish
- 2/16/23 Skye Moret – Art, design, and environmental data
- 3/16/23 Erin Pettit – Glacier and ice sheet dynamics
- 4/20/23 Deneb Krentz – plankton ecology and ultraviolet photobiology
- 5/18/23 Cassandra Brooks – Marine science, policy, science communication
Space is limited. RSVP online.
Disclaimer: The Kidsguide team works hard to ensure all events are accurate at the time of posting, but details are subject to change without notice. Confirm all details with event organizer before attending. Kidsguide is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to listings on our calendar.