- This event has passed.
California Coastal Clean-up Day
You can take an active role in keeping the coastline clean and healthy. Cleanups will take place at beaches throughout the city. El Dorado Nature Center is partnering with the California Coastal Commission to coordinate six cleanup sites in Long Beach. Joining as site captains are the Aquarium of the Pacific, Seal Beach Yacht Club, Long Beach Marine Institute, Friends of Colorado Lagoon, and Clean LB.
Six sites in Long Beach:
- Alamitos Bay Marina (255 N. Marina Drive.)
- Belmont Pier (End of Termino Ave. at Ocean Blvd.)
- Cherry Beach (End of Junipero Ave. at Ocean Blvd.)
- Colorado Lagoon (5119 E. Colorado Street)
- Peninsul (End of 72nd Place at Ocean Blvd.)
- Sea Scout Base (near Mother’s Beach- 5875 E. Appian Way)
Bags and gloves will be provided at each site, however it is encouraged to bring a reusable bag or bucket and a pair of old gardening or work gloves to pick up trash. Be creative, and repurpose a milk jug or box into a trash-collecting container. This will help us limit the amount of trash created.
If you have any questions please call 562 570-1745.
Disclaimer: The Kidsguide team works hard to ensure all events are accurate at the time of posting, but details are subject to change without notice. Confirm all details with event organizer before attending. Kidsguide is not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to listings on our calendar.