National Parks Offer Free Admission for 5 Days in 2022
On five days in 2022, all National Park Service sites that charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to everyone.
- Monday, January 17: Birthday of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Saturday, April 16: First Day of National Park Week
- Thursday, August 4: Anniversary of the Great American Outdoors Act
- Saturday, September 24: National Public Lands Day
- Friday, November 11: Veterans Day
Fee-free days provide a great opportunity to visit a new place or an old favorite, especially one of the national parks that normally charge and entrance free. Fees still apply to amenities and activities such as camping, boat launches, transportation, or special tours.
California National Parks Participating in Free Entrance Days
- Cabrillo National Monument
- Death Valley National Park
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Lassen Volcanic National Park
- Lava Beds National Monument
- Muir Woods National Monument
- Pinnacles National Park
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
- Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area
- Yosemite National Park
See all participating parks by state.
This post was written by Kidsguide