15 Reasons to Enroll Your Kid or Teen in a Theatre Class
- Learn to work with others while rehearsing and performing with a cast.
- Express emotions when getting into character.
- Get experience working with industry professionals such as directors, choreographers, stage managers, etc.
- Increase verbal and literacy skills from reading, reciting, and memorizing scripts.
- Conquer nerves by preparing for auditions.
- Overcome disappointment when they don’t get the part they want.
- Show dedication by rehearsing lines and choreography at home.
- Gain confidence when performing on stage in front of an audience.
- Develop coordination skills when learning dance routines or stage combat.
- Learn to think on their feet during improv exercises or when lines are forgotten.
- Make new friends who are also obsessed with the latest Broadway shows.
- Challenge themselves by learning new things such as singing, dancing, costume design, set building, stage combat, etc.
- Find their voice when learning to deliver their lines with conviction and meaning.
- Learn to improvise when something goes wrong onstage.
- Stay busy after school instead of sitting at home!
Places That Offer Youth Theatre Classes
There’s tons of reasons why kids and teens should try a theatre class! Looking for a place to start? Check out the list below of theatre programs in Long Beach and Orange County.
This post was written by Kidsguide