Kindness & Compassion Conversation Starters for Kids
Kindness: Acts to help others with no expectation in return.
- What does kindness mean to you?
- Why do you think it’s important to be kind?
- How does being kind to someone else make you feel?
- How do you think other people feel when you are kind to them?
- How can we show kindness to others?
- How can you show kindness to someone who is being unkind to others?
- Can people learn to be kind?
- Who is the kindest person you know?
- Is it more difficult to be kind when someone is watching?
- How can you encourage others to be kind?
- Do you believe kindness can change the world?
Empathy & Compassion
Empathy: The ability to understand what others are feeling.
Compassion: The show concern and have the desire to help someone who is sad or hurting.
- What does it mean to “put yourself in someone else’s shoes”?
- How do you know if someone is feeling sad, hurt, or angry?
- How do you feel when a friend is sad?
- What can you do or say to help someone feel better?
- Can someone feel more than one feeling at once?
- How can you show that you are a compassionate person?
- When two people feel differently about something, how can we use empathy to understand each other’s feelings?
More Like This:
This post was written by Kidsguide