The longest two weeks of our lives are just ahead parents BUT this year,
we’re taking the reigns of this sleigh…err..house into our own hands! Here is the only thing you’ll
need to get through holiday break. Well, you may need a little bit of coffee too but don’t quote us. 😉
1. Drop off letters to Santa at Macy’s (or send it virtually online)! For every letter received, Macy’s will donate $1 to Make-a-Wish!
2. Scour through our Holiday Guide and pick out events you each want to hit. Then pencil them in on the calendar and make it a date!
3. Catch a matinee movie and load up on popcorn, red vines, and nachos. Hey, that counts as lunch right?
8. Have a fancy dinner party at home with a new recipe and your best outfits.
9. Shake it off and throw a dance party! PRO TIP: If you do this while you’re cleaning, kids will never know they’re actually doing chores! 😉
10. Hit a farmer’s market and teach your kids where their food actually comes from.
11. Check out our calendar section for events happening on the day of your choice. There are always a ton and new ones are added daily.
12. Flip through our 2017 Gift Guide and enter the giveaway! (Page 54)
13. If your pocket allows, head to a theme park for some serious holiday fun. If not, Downtown Disney is free and you can still feel like you’re experiencing the Disney magic. (Page 36)
16. Have some old fashioned fun on a train and take a ride around the city.
17. Visit family and have lunch. If cousins are around, it’s almost like some time off for you…almost. 😉
18. Build a fort and read the books you brought home from the library or play a new game on your iPads or phones.
20. Teach your kids the meaning of the season and give to others. Gather up old clothes, blankets, and food and donate to a local charity or food bank.
It doesn’t end here! Our site is PACKED with stuff to do!
Sign up for The Buzzz for weekly updates on So Cal events,
hit our Directory for activities by category,
or check out our Calendar for fun family outings year round.
And remember…when the going gets tough, keep calm and Kidsguide on! 😉