St. Patrick’s Day is this Friday, and leprechauns are on the loose! Add a little sparkle to your kids’ day with these sneaky surprises.
1. While they sleep, switch your kids’ plain white shoelaces with bright green, or paint a few little fingernails with green polish.
2. Use green sidewalk chalk to draw a few leprechaun footprints on your front steps, and then tip over a few knick-knacks inside to show where he’s been.
3. Scrawl a green note on your bathroom mirror with eye-liner. “You’ll never find my gold!”
4. Sneak a few drops of green food coloring into the toilet tank in the morning. When your little guy flushes, he’ll be in for a green surprise.
6. Or dribble a few drops of green food coloring into your kids’ cereal bowls before adding the Lucky Charms. When they pour their milk, it’ll magically change colors.
7. While you’re at it, mix up some green tuna salad and pack a sandwich in his lunch.
8. Stop potential pinchers in their tracks by wearing these do-it-yourself shamrock tattoos.
9. After school, hand off this homemade Shamrock Shake.
10. Nab your own pot of gold by building a leprechaun trap.
11. Or print out these easy clues and lead your little one on a leprechaun chase, with a pot of gold (M&M’s!) at the end.